Start Date and Duration
Location and Format
2 courses; 5 CEUs total
$999 2-Course Package Price
$595 Individual Course Rate
This intensive grant writing series is structured in three course options.
Each six-week course is self-paced with a small class size, offering optional live Zoom sessions with your instructor and classmates. CEUs will be awarded for each session and a certificate of completion by the end of the third course.
Dates and Times
- Course 1 (2 CEUs) - Grant Writing: The Basics: January 11-February 19, 2021
- Course 2 (2 CEUs) - Grant Writing: Researching Funders: March 1-April 9, 2021
- Course 3 (3 CEUs) - Grant Writing: The Proposal: April 19-May 28, 2021
Registration ends on March 1, 2021
Learn the A to Z of grant writing. Get ready to work on that grant proposal you have thought about or procrastinated on because you didn’t know where to start. Learn the key components of grant writing, research and select funders that are a good match for your proposed program or project, and finally, write a convincing, well-crafted full grant proposal.
Upon completion of the certificate program, you will learn to:
- Master detailed grant writing including reading and interpreting funding ethics and guidelines
- How to find the funds you need
- Compose and refine the effective, convincing proposal.
Course One: Grant Writing Basics
You will be introduced to the fundamental aspects of Grant Writing, with clear PowerPoints, and other documents; two optional Zoom sessions are scheduled for Fridays, Jan 15 & Feb 12, 2021, 4-6 p.m.; and interaction with the instructor and other participants.
- Professionalism and ethics in grant writing
- Grant writing style tips
- Clutter-free grant writing
- Basics on the seven main components of a full grant proposal
Course Two: Researching Funders for Grant Proposals
Learn tips and tricks of the trade for finding the best grant funders for your proposal, project, or organization. Two optional Zoom Sessions are scheduled for Fridays, March 6 & April 2, 2021, 4-6 p.m.
- What so many grant professionals don’t want you to know
- The Letter of Inquiry and other methods to entice the funder
- Creating a functional and practical spreadsheet for multiple proposals and projects
Course Three: Writing a Full Proposal
This in-depth course allows for detailed writing and interactive critique by the instructor who leads you through the grant proposal of your choice. Your proposal is thus tailored exclusively for your organization’s or your research needs based on Courses One and/or Two. Detailed PowerPoints and other documents are provided, and two optional Zoom sessions are scheduled for Fridays, April 23 & May 21, 2021, 4-6 p.m.
- Decide which grant proposal to write
- Learn step by step logical effective processes in grant writing
- Create Summary, Needs, Goals, Objectives, Methods, Evaluations, and Budgets
- Prepare your proposal for submission
Instructor: Dominique Coulet du Gard, PhD
Dominique has been involved in Grant Writing and Social Entrepreneurship for nonprofits, small businesses, museums, and higher education initiatives since 1990. She has owned her own Grant Consulting business since 1998, writing over 6.5 million dollars in successful grants for museums, historical societies, social services, and higher education in the US, Ghana, and Myanmar. She is also a Senior Instructor with Western Washington University where she currently teaches Grant Writing, Social Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit Management, and Business Plans for Social Entrepreneurs.