Funding Your Education

Financial Aid

Professional and Continuing Education non-credit courses and programs do not qualify for federal financial aid, including student loans.  

For current Western students enrolled in Professional and Continuing Education credit courses; financial aid may be available. Check with Western’s Financial Aid Office for more information and eligibility requirements. 

Western is now offering an installment plan. You can get more info about installment plans from Student Business Online.

Payment Plan

Enroll in our Professional and Continuing Education courses with ease by taking advantage of our zero-interest payment plan. With our payment plan, you can spread the cost of your course(s) into manageable monthly payments that fit your budget. Please visit our program pages to view program plan options specific to each course.

Employer Tuition Reimbursement or Assistance  

According to the Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM), half of U.S. employers provide education assistance to their employees. (2018 Employee Benefits Survey) and fewer than 10% of workers at companies that offer tuition reimbursement used the benefit (The Wall Street Journal, 2018)  

Contact your employer’s human resources department to check if you are eligible for tuition reimbursement or assistance for professional/career development education courses or programs. Many employers offer some form of financial support for employees pursuing professional development to keep skills current.  Outreach and Continuing Education will work with you and your employer on the wide variety of payment options such as:  

  • purchase orders and invoices
  • credit cards
  • checks

Tuition Assistance Programs: The Secret Employee Benefit (Forbes)

Scholarship Opportunities

Western is pleased to offer students the opportunity to apply for Western's Professional and Continuing Education Scholarship. Ten recipients will be chosen annually - each will receive a $500 tuition waiver, which can be used towards tuition charges for a qualified Western PCE Certificate program.  

Scholarships are available for selected Western certificate programs.

Learn more about Western's PCE Scholarship

Veteran’s Benefits/Assistance

If you’re a veteran and you qualify for the GI Bill, you may be able to use part of your entitlement to cover test fees up to $2,000 for a job that requires a license or certification in order for you to work.  

Learn more about VA Education Benefits and Options

Surviving/Dependent Spouse or Child of a Veteran 

Find out if you’re eligible for VA education benefits for dependents and survivors (also called Chapter 35 benefits). If you’re a dependent spouse or child—or the surviving spouse or child—of a Veteran, you may qualify for Chapter 35 benefits or job training through a GI Bill program.

AmeriCorps Education Awards 

Students who have completed their service in AmeriCorps qualify for a Segal AmeriCorps Education Award. These funds can be used to cover educational expenses and, in some cases, living expenses and books and supplies. Full details can be found on the award website. 

Tax Credits and Benefits 

When considering the cost of higher education and the resources available to meet the cost, take into account the tax-related benefits available to you. Benefits include tax credits and tax deductions including the American Opportunity Tax Credit and the Lifetime Learning Credit. For more information see IRS Publication 970 for details and eligibility criteria or check with the IRS or a tax advisor.